Comments that do not adhere to these guidelines will be removed.
- Treat others with respect.
- Be clear and concise, and keep your comments on topic.
- Be generous and constructive.
- Use hate speech, attack other users on the basis of race, sex, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
- Personally attack another user. Bullying, harassing, or threatening a fellow user is strictly prohibited.
- Share intellectual property that is not yours. Make sure you have the rights to anything you post.
- Pretend you’re someone else. Do not assume another person’s identity.
- Post a user’s personal information that he or she does not wish to have on the site.
The commenting policy of the Blog of the APA is for commenters to post under their public identity with a verifiable e-mail address. If you have concerns about the perspectives that might be excluded from comment threads by disallowing anonymous/pseudonymous comments, please contact us so that we can consider ways to give voice to those perspectives.